A socially committed approach to business
Maltzahn Carpet Innovation GmbH is a 100% subsidiary of the Dutch Visscher-Caravelle-Group. Accordingly, its own corporate policies on social commitment as well as energy and the environment take guidance from the parent company’s principles on corporate social responsibility. Learn more about Visscher-Caravelle corporate guidelines with regard to Corporate Social Responsibility.
Environmental protection and energy management
- Maltzahn Carpet Innovation GmbH has expressly dedicated itself to complying with all national and international legislation and requirements that apply in the area of the environment.
- We strive to prevent pollution and to constantly reduce our use of resources and energy. Our goals target those environmental aspects that we can effectively influence and manage.
- We clearly and explicitly communicate our goals and results to our employees and suppliers. We also make sure to efficiently monitor production and office work. All of these measures aim to minimise our impact on the environment.
- We train and educate our employees as well as third-party business partners with the aim of raising awareness for the potential environmental impact services and activities may have.
- We installed management systems, which we use to monitor whether we have achieved our annually updated goals pertaining to the reduction of the required energy and resources as well as to other environmental aspects. The systems help us regularly assess our activities and decide on adjustment measures should we deviate from our goals.
Our external and internal surroundings are important factors for our commercial success. At Maltzahn Carpet Innovation GmbH, we are therefore committed to working and living harmoniously with the community around us.
Resource-efficient production process
Whilst our production process is technologically superior to that of others it also consumes significantly less resource and energy compared to common production methods in use today. In 2010, we provided detailed proof for this as part of a project to promote resource-efficient production methods that was spearheaded by the German state of North Rhine-Westphalia and the EU. For the purpose of the project, we compared our new high-resolution process-colour 4m-Chromojet printing system with the low-resolution spot-colour 4m-Chromojet system previously used at Maltzahn Carpet Innovation and is also still commonly employed by several of our competitors. Both machines are manufactured by Zimmer AUSTRIA, one of the world’s leading suppliers for textile and carpet printing.
Figures speaking for themselves
To print the same amount of square metres, the new system requires 53% less electricity, 75% less gas and more than 80% less water, therefore producing 80% less wastewater as well. Our process-colour system is responsible for the majority of water savings. We no longer have to perform the time-consuming change of colours that is required after almost every single printing job when printing spot colours. There, it takes several hundred litres of water to simply rinse the entire ink delivery system all the way through to the print heads – and that multiplied by the number of colour channels.
In other words: when printing carpets, no one consumes less energy and resources per square metre than M2 CARPETS.